Welcome Groves Academy® Parents and Guardians!
Groves Academy is pleased to provide the information you need to grow your relationship with the school. You’ll find links to key documents and important information you can use every day on this page. Please check back often for updates.
ALMA is the student information system Groves Academy uses to manage attendance, schedules, report cards, transcripts, and more. The ALMA parent/guardian portal provides secure access to this information for parents and guardians of Groves Academy students.
Main Phone Number & Attendance Line
8:25 am – 3:00 pm
8:25 am – 1:00 pm
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan — Updated August 17, 2022
Groves Academy Student Handbook
Groves Academy Lunch Program
We have a dedicated chef on staff preparing nutritious meals in our on-site kitchen. Ingredients are fresh and, wherever possible, farmers’ market sourced.
Transportation To and From Groves Academy
How to Register for Activities and Athletic Programming
After School Activities (ASA) Program
Winter Session — Begins the week of 1/23
ASA runs from 3:15 – 4:15 pm Monday-Thursday. The winter session is open to Lower and Middle School students. We do have general aftercare from 4:15-5:00 pm (rolling pick up) for families who need it at no additional cost. We anticipate activities will fill up fast so we encourage prompt registration. Activities offered may be canceled or modified due to enrollment.
WINTER SESSION REGISTRATION FORM
Experiential and confidence sparking activities are offered in areas such as art/design, technology, lifetime/leisure, and physical education.
ASA is fee-based and broken into multiple sessions throughout the school year. Families may sign up for any number of days, with registration opening a couple of weeks before each session. On school days when ASA is not in session, we do offer free aftercare with rolling pick-up until 5:00 pm for families that need it.
Fall Session — 9/19 through 11/17
Mini Session — 11/28 through 12/15
Winter Session — 1/23 through 3/16
Spring Session — 4/10 through 6/1
Spring Activities Opportunities:
- Drama Club – Spring Play (Grades 9-12) Begins 3/13 through 5/13
- Clay Target Team Boys/Girls (Grades 7-12) – Begins 4/5 through mid-June. **If your child is new to this activity they must go through training with our coaches and take a online safety training.
- Track and Field (Gades 9-12) Coop with International School of MN/Eagle Ridge Academy. Open to Boys and Girls. Season will begin on 3/13.
- Middle School Track and Field (7th & 8th Grades) with Benilde St. Margaret’s. Open to Boys and Girls. Season will begin after spring break.
Students wishing to register for Athletics/Activities at Groves Academy must complete the following steps:
- Complete the online registration form, including fee payment.
- Sign the MSHSL Eligibility Statement and MSHSL Annual Sports Health Questionnaire Form (PDF) (required ONCE per school year.)*
- Get a physical exam and have your physician sign and date the Physical Exam Form -SQPE (PDF) (Valid for 3 years from exam date) and submit ONLY page one to Groves Academy. (If the physical expires during the season, a new physical must be provided before the athlete may begin participation.)*
- Send completed forms to:
ATTN: Peter Shutte
3200 Highway 100 South
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
*Steps 2 and 3 are not required for Drama Club, Clay Target Team, or Lower School sports.
Groves Academy has three counselors on staff to support our students:
Michelle Jonas (Upper School Students): [email protected]
Nicole Kirkwood-Seivert and Emily Behrens (Lower and Middle School Students): [email protected]; [email protected]
For more information on the following topics, please visit the Mental Health and Support Resources page:
- Upcoming Community Events/Webinars
- Community Skills Groups
- Parent / Caregiver Support Groups
- Resources/Upcoming Webinars/Articles
- Cellphone and Social Media Resources
Help Ignite Our School Community.
We encourage students’ parents, guardians, and families at Groves Academy to keep our community aglow by encouraging friendships through fun and fellowship.
We look forward to meeting with you, helping you get involved with the school community, and supporting the students and faculty at Groves Academy. If you want to volunteer or are interested in learning more, please contact Curtis Olufson at [email protected] or 952-915-4268.
Get Your Groves Academy Spiritwear Here
If you have any questions, please reach out to Peter Shutte at [email protected]