Phase-1 is Complete!
Check back each week to see an updated virtual walkthrough of our progress.
(updated August 29, 2023)
Phase-1 focused on updating the Lower and Middle School classrooms, which are absolutely beautiful. Our Groves teachers and students are raving about their new spaces, which even brought some long-tenured faculty to tears. The renovations will create additional spaces in the Academy for moderate growth (60-75 additional students) over the next four years.
These thoughtfully designed spaces breathe new life into the facility and grounds, creating a world-class and sustainable environment for our students, faculty, and staff. The design was guided by research and inspired by the goal of creating an exceptional learning environment where students can thrive, resulting in a new paradigm for the environment for those with learning differences.
Creating Exceptional Learning Environments!
Thoughtfully designed spaces will breathe new life into the facility and grounds, creating a world-class and sustainable environment.
Ours is an aspirational mission, and we are poised for great organizational success. Still, there are many more students, families, community members, and institutional peers for whom our mission resonates. In a phrase, there is much good work on the horizon for us to accomplish.
The reimagined physical space will serve as the home for Groves Academy, Groves Learning Center, Groves Literacy Partnerships, and all staff.
- The design is guided by research and inspired by the goal of creating an exceptional learning environment where students can thrive, resulting in a new paradigm for the environment for those with learning differences.
- The courtyard will be refreshed for better accessibility.
- Social spaces for students and teachers are a critical component. Conference and training spaces are critical to growth and to the ongoing development of teacher expertise.
- Groves Learning Center will be remodeled to offer staff more flexibility in delivery between the different services—diagnostics, tutoring, speech-language—as well as more flexibility in administrative work.
- Groves Literacy Partnerships will have dedicated yet flexible work, collaboration, and training spaces.
- Administrative workspaces will be redesigned with collaboration and flexibility in mind for a post-pandemic ‘new normal.’
Phase-1 of the 3-Phase project focused on updating Lower and 2 Middle School classrooms.
This summer, GLO embarked on the first leg of an exciting renovation journey to update and expand our existing Groves Academy classrooms.
Our design and construction partners are Pope Design Group and Mortenson Construction. Each partner was selected through a rigorous selection and vetting process, and we couldn’t be more proud of their contributions!
“Ours is an aspirational mission, and we are poised for great organizational success!”
– G. Bryan Fleming, GLO President