Watch the recording…
Presented by Ellen Engstrom, MA, Groves Academy Director of Curriculum
Everyone agrees that writing is an important skill to master, but so many students struggle. This workshop addresses the difficulties that students encounter as they learn to write as well as how research-based writing instruction can reduce or remove the barriers that prevent students from developing proficient writing skills. The workshop addresses these questions:
- What is writing?
- What are the benefits of having good writing skills?
- Why do so many students struggle with writing?
- What is the foundation of proficient writing?
- What type of writing should be the focus of instruction?
- What materials are necessary to teach writing?
This community event was recorded on December 7, 2021.
NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Don’t forget to sign up for our news and blog updates in the purple box below- and follow us on social media so you don’t miss a thing.
Share your news, success story, or meaningful moment about Groves through our online form.